Monday, June 30, 2008

Self Esteem & Confidence

Everyone in this world whether they realize it or not they have their own self-esteem, depends on how they use it. Self esteem is almost the same as confidence, the difference is (Well I don’t really know the difference , hehehe…. This is just my own perception) self esteem is more like our pride, our self-respect, the way we appreciate ourselves, the way we value what we have in ourselves, while confidence is more like the way we respect ourselves, the way we trust in ourselves. Actually I don’t know how to describe it, so let’s just assume both of them are the same. (:p)

But I’m not gonna give up, I’ll try a simpler explanation, well let’s just say it this way, self esteem is more like theoretical, while confidence is more to the practical. I think that’s the more reasonable answer. (Hopefully I’m right ,lol).

Like example, from some people I know, they are good at poetry or literature, but they don’t have the confidence to really do it. But they know they are good at it. In fact, they do the other things except that. They just do the poetry stuff on their spare time. They don’t really use what they have. I don’t know the reason why, but maybe (this is just maybe…hehehe…) they afraid they are not gonna succeed in that, and many other aspects and reason that I don’t know. Maybe they (Once again this is maybe…OK?) want to do more real thing, because we are living in a real world, we can’t live by just doing the poetry or literature stuff ( Well, of course there are some people who really good at it and succeed). So yeah, this is so complicated.

No comments: