Monday, June 9, 2008

Private Tutor

Private Tutor.....
That's my job for almost 5 years. It's not easy to be a private tutor, coz it take a huge responsibility. Private tutor is like a "baby sitter" in education. U have to make sure the students understand their lessons and got good marks at school. I usually tutor primary and junior high school students, coz that's the level i'm capable of, higher grade than that i usually refuse to teach them. Being a private tutor is almost like 'teacher' at school, the different is, u don't teach in front of the class and u don't face a lots of students and the happy part is u don't see them for a long time like at school. The rest is just the same. I usually teach 2-3 students at once and it takes usually 2 hours or less (Somestimes it takes more than 2 hours also, especially on the final test). I got a student who make me teach for 5 hours on Sunday. Why Sunday?? Coz their test is on Monday, and I am responsible to make them memorize all their lessons before they take the test. Moreover, the lessons are getting more difficult every year, more things to learn. So, it is not an easy job to be a private tutor. Some parents can angry if their sons or daughters failed their lessons. But luckily, from my experience, all my students' parents are nice, they don't get angry at me if their kids got red marks at school, (not becoz i'm a bad tutor or what,but coz the students are lazy and only care about games than their lessons, for them study is like hell. But not all my students are like that). They understands their kids capability of study. Like the student i mention before, well actually he's not stupid, he failed few subjects and got average marks on other subjects, but the only lesson he never fail is 'computer subject', he always got perfect mark on it.
Wow, it's a lot to write about being a private tutor, there's happy time and also the bad time. I can sit here all nite to write about it, but i think it's not a great idea. And i've been thinking to cut some of my students this new period of new class. I want to find a job, one job that I really really like. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi welcome to blogging. that's a nice start.
adsense aku jg ada coba ari itu, tp krn agak pelik dlm prosesny dan aku agak gaptek maka aku ga teruskan adsense ku.
dicoba za bole kok.